The time has come again for the elections of new MASA executive committees! This Spring '16, we would like to encourage all individuals to challenge themselves and participate actively as a MASA representative in the Drake community.
- Overlook the welfare of all group members
- Ensure the proper planning and execution of activities that stand to benefit all in MASA.
- Plan and organize social events to make MASA members feel more at home here at Drake University as well as professional events to better prepare them for work life.
- Work with the Treasurer to come up with the MASA Annual Budget at the end of the term.
2. Vice President
- Assist and support the role of the President
- Responsible for the internal communication of the committee and resolve internal conflicts
- Focus on the administrative issues
- One of the representatives of MASA on inter-organizational meetings (e/g: UNITY Roundtable)
- Lead the committee in case of absence of the President
- Encourage collaboration among various organizations on campus by communicating with the organizations as well as with MASA EC
- Establish a good relationship among various multicultural organizations on campus
3. Executive Assistant
- Responsible for writing and handling MASA emails
- Update MASA mailing list every semester
- Record meeting minutes
- Responsible for handling MASA funds
- Review event expenditure to ensure accurate spending in accordance to approved budget
- Work closely with the President to come up with MASA Annual Budget at the end of the term
- Deal with the Student Life Centre to collect reimbursements
6. Program Coordinator
- Set up program flows for events
- Work closely with the President to coordinate event on the day itself
- Plan the decorations and games for events
- Select themes for Seniors Graduation Parties
7. Global Ambassador
- Become a bridge for MASA to connect with other organizations in Drake
- Constantly finding opportunities for MASA to collaborate with other organizations besides the Multicultural organizations
- Participate in and help plan MASA events
- Manage MASA Facebook page & MASA ‘Pasar Malam’ Facebook page
- Official MASA photographer during events
- Help out members with other issues during events
- Manage the Drake MASA website
9. Director of Public Relations
- Work with Webmaster to design marketing materials
- Keep social media up to date and distribute all marketing materials
- Reach out to incoming students, alumni, and new members at the start of and throughout the semester
10. Logistics Coordinator
- Manage food order and room reservations
- In charge of setting up of each event and making sure everything is in place
- Keep track of MASA’s assets
Nominations will be closed on March 30th, 2016 (Wednesday) at 11:59pm.
Each nominee has to accept his or her nomination by April 1, 2016 (Friday) at 11:59pm.